The 1769 Society is one way Dartmouth recognizes Dartmouth College Fund donors who are some of our most loyal and generous alumni and friends—leaders in their communities and professions. Like you, they understand that annual investment in Dartmouth students is an investment in transforming lives. Last year, members represented only 12 percent of donors, but accounted for 77 percent of DCF dollars raised.
And remember that a sustained gift is an ideal opportunity for you to consistently support Dartmouth students—and reach 1769 Society level each year without the inconvenience of re-submitting a gift form each time.
Members join annually at these levels:
John Ledyard Fellows $2,500
Fellows of the Baker Bells $5,000
Fellows of the Lone Pine $10,000
Fellows of Mount Moosilauke $25,000
Fellows of the Green $50,000
Samson Occom Fellows $100,000
Daniel Webster Fellows $250,000
Eleazar Wheelock Fellows $500,000
Lord Dartmouth Fellows $1 million or more
Young alumni may join at these levels:
Class of 2018 $100
Classes of 2015, 2016, 2017 $250
Classes of 2012, 2013, 2014 $500
Classes of 2009, 2010, 2011 $1,000
*These levels qualify for membership as John Ledyard Fellows
Please join them by making a 1769 Society gift here or by calling 603-646-3621.
"Giving to Dartmouth provides all students the opportunities to explore possibilities, deepen their interests, develop their passions and experience the world. My 1769 Society level gift is my way of giving back to the College that gave me so much."- Merle Adelman ’80
Three easy ways to reach 1769 Society level
1. Dartmouth couples may combine gifts
2. Ask your employer if they have a matching gifts program
3. Make a recurring gift
"It’s important to me to be a member of the 1769 Society every year. Dartmouth continues to play an important role in my life—I want to make sure other deserving young people can have that experience regardless of their financial circumstances."- Jake Tapper ’91
All 1769 Society members receive a range of benefits. Members making larger gifts receive additional distinctions.
- Invitation to exclusive receptions at reunion and Homecoming
- Listing in the annual Honor Roll sent to members
- Listing in the annual honor roll in Occom: A Chronicle of Dartmouth Philanthropy
- With a gift of $50,000, you can support a named scholar for one year and be invited to the annual Scholar Luncheon during Homecoming Weekend
- Your name on the Honor Roll plaque in the entry way of Parkhurst Hall for one year
- Your name on a Parkhurst Hall plaque forever
"It’s important to me to be a member of the 1769 Society every year because Dartmouth alumni had my financial back as a student and I’d like to do the same for future generations of Dartmouth alumni."- Ammar Khalid ’01